The Archaeology Dig

01[20:16] <~Lurker> The Razorwing dips slightly as it starts to descend, the intercom announcing casually that they were entering the atmosphere of a nearby planet and to expect light turbulence due to windy conditions.
06[20:17] * Janus__ casually stops a knife from slipping off the bench he's at, looking up at the intercom system.
[20:17] <Scantron> Sunder grips tightly onto the table he's at. Roger looks up at the intercom and then goes back to staring at the wall.
[20:17] <%Sequence> Norra blinks once, then rolls over.
03[20:18] * Dawny is now known as DawnyDinner
[20:18] <@Gwen> Victoria glances and up and walks out of her office, doing a quick inventory of her medical kit, just in case.
[20:18] <@Gwen> *glances up
[20:19] <Absrev> Shar does much the same, checking his own kit. "Wonder what we'll be looking forward to this time."
01[20:20] <~Lurker> The Razorwing continues it's descent until it finally starts a landing procedure. A few moments later and the engines of the ship go quiet. "Ladies, Gentlemen, and Non-gendered species and droids, welcome to Altaria. There isn't much here, but I need volunteers to go and meet with a research group planetside."
01[20:20] <~Lurker> "Volunteers should meet me on the bridge. Blackstone out."
06[20:20] * Janus__ shrugs, then heads for the bridge, sheathing his knife, and brushing his hand against his revolver.
[20:21] <@Gwen> "Stuff researchers and windy plains is my guess." She swing her medical kit over her shoulder, heading to the door. "But I can't say no to non-recycled air."
[20:21] <%Sequence> Norra rolls off her bed and grabs her rifle, pausing for a moment before shedding her jacket as well.
[20:21] <Scantron> Roger gets up and starts limping towards the bridge. Sunder takes a calming breath and disposes of his dishes, then scurries in that direction.
06[20:22] * Janus__ walks onto the bridge, wearing his cargo pants and black tee. He looks around for the Captain, before heading to him.
[20:22] <Scantron> Retcon Sunder doing anything. He doesn't feel up to that.
03[20:23] * DawnyDinner is now known as Dawny
[20:23] <Scantron> Roger arrives on the bridge. "I hooooope that I can can can be of some yyyuse."
[20:23] <Dawny> Jillian goes to the bridge!
[20:23] <Absrev> "I'd settle for freshwater over fresh air. Why can't we visit somewhere with a lake?"
[20:24] <%Sequence> Norra arrives on the bridge and stiffens a little when she sees Janus, going gray.
[20:24] <Dawny> "Captain" Jillian nods to Blackstone.
06[20:25] * Janus__ stands nearby the Captain, arms folded.
[20:25] <Scantron> "Helllo Jillian sorry if if I'm inappppropriate at any point."
01[20:25] <~Lurker> Blackstone greets them all, before moving to his chair and bringing up a holo in the middle of the bridge. "I just recieved a message from Dr. Spindel here, they're researching old ruins on Altaria, and have come across something of interest. Seeing as we're interested in sciencey things for AEGIS' sake, we were pinged to visit and take a look - see if anything of interest is
[20:25] <@Gwen> "Because the Space-Gods hate you," she winks and heads to the bridge!
[20:26] <Dawny> "It's fine Roger." Jillian pats him on the shoulder.
01[20:26] <~Lurker> available, or if we can throw things at their techs and get some more progress going. Anyone who doesn't want to wander around potentially creepy ruins, you're free to kill time at the camp - I'm sure there are vending machines and the like there."
06[20:26] * Janus__ glances over at the two. "Lock it up. Listen."
[20:26] <Scantron> "Maybe you can pat some-" He flicks off his voice switch quickly.
[20:26] <Absrev> Arriving on the bridge with Victoria, Shar listened in.
[20:27] <Janus> "Any dangerous wildlife, enemies, or other concerns?"
[20:27] <Dawny> "Sweet, old tech."
[20:29] <%Sequence> Norra shifts her weight a little.
01[20:29] <~Lurker> "Nothing where we are. They've been in this area for months and have only encountered crumbling structures. Most of the cities around here aren't even cities anymore - just broken down things that aren't even hazardous to walk past. Apparently they're stuck on a door."
[20:30] <Absrev> "A door?"
06[20:30] * Janus
chuckles. "Pretty sure I can solve that."
[20:30] <@Gwen> "Any medical threats…high levels of radiations?"
[20:30] <Dawny> "Is it physically blocked, or technologically shorted out?"
01[20:31] <~Lurker> "Not sure, we have to meet up with Dr. Spindel and his team and get more information. You're all still interested?"
[20:32] <Dawny> "Yep"
[20:32] <Janus> "Why not."
[20:32] <%Sequence> She shrugs.
[20:32] <Scantron> Roger nods.
[20:33] <Absrev> "Sure, why not. What kind of ruins are they?"
01[20:34] <~Lurker> "Good. Grab whatever you'll need, and I'll send your PDAs the co-ordinates of Dr. Spindel's office - it'll be fairly easy to get to, and I'll be there waiting." And then to Shar. "Not sure, that's what they're trying to find out. From the sounds of it, ancient civilization."
[20:35] <@Gwen> "Wait, they're archeologists?"
[20:36] <Absrev> "Do we have an archeological specialist on board?"
01[20:36] <~Lurker> Blackstone brings up his PDA.
[20:40] <%Sequence> Norra chills in the background behind everyone and checks over her gun one last time.
01[20:40] <~Lurker> "I don't see anyone on our roster."
[20:41] <Dawny> Jillian checks her equptment, looking her tools over.
06[20:41] * Janus
nods. "I'll be in my room whenever we're ready to leave."
06[20:41] * Janus__ treads off.
[20:41] <Dawny> equipment*
[20:41] <Scantron> Roger nods to the people gathered there, and limps off.
01[20:41] <~Lurker> Blackstone sends them all the co-ordinates to regroup at, and heads to change into his off-ship uniform.
[20:42] <%Sequence> Norra waits a few minutes after Janus leaves, then heads to her own room to wait.
06[20:42] * Janus__ gets to his room, pulls on his armor, and picks out his weapons a bit more carefully this time. No grenades, no shotguns. A light rifle and a trio of pistols, with a hatchet strapped to his thigh.
[20:43] <Dawny> Jillian lets her hair down and braids it behind her back.
[20:44] <@Gwen> Victoria double checks her medical kit and heads towards exit to wait for everyone.
[20:44] <Dawny> "Ready Roger?" Jillian twists the braid into a bun.
[20:45] <Scantron> Roger nods.
[20:45] <Dawny> Jillian nods and heads toward the exit.
[20:46] <Janus> Janus is wearing a lighter set of armor today. He walks around the exit wearing this: Janus is wearing a lighter set of armor today.
[20:46] <Janus
> http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs45/f/2009/116/7/6/GABRIEL___by_adonihs.jpg
[20:46] <%Sequence> Norra heads for the exit after carefully tucking some extra ammo in her pockets.
[20:46] <Absrev> Shar follows along with Victoria to the exit. "Let's hope things are a bit more peaceful then our last few stops."
[20:46] <Scantron> Roger follows. He brought everything he needed.
[20:47] <@Gwen> "I don't want to deal with another appearance from Victus the Wonder Chimp," she says with a sigh. "Just…grass and ruins…and archeologists."
06[20:47] * Janus__ nods to the others, helmet clipped onto his belt. "Yeah… I actually don't feel like shooting things today…."
[20:48] <Dawny> "Roger, I need you to keep me from saying something stupid."
[20:48] <%Sequence> Norra lurks by the door, leaning against the wall by it.
03[20:49] * Scantron1 (~ten.tsacmoc.nm.1dsh.6EEFF072-CRInys|naD#ten.tsacmoc.nm.1dsh.6EEFF072-CRInys|naD) has joined #razorwing-rp
03[20:49] * Napping_Wilt is now known as Mr_Wilt
02[20:49] * Scantron (~ten.tsacmoc.nm.1dsh.6EEFF072-CRInys|naD#ten.tsacmoc.nm.1dsh.6EEFF072-CRInys|naD) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[20:49] * Scantron1 is now known as Scantron
01[20:50] <~Lurker> Altaria is a nice, warm planet. There's an even balance of sand and grassy areas all over, with a generally warm temperature - moderately humid, but not overly so. There is no need for closed-circuit breathing systems, as the archeologists have already set up an atmo-generator. There is some shade from large tree-like things that are growing out of the ground that seem closer to
[20:50] <Dawny> "Wow…it's nice here…"
01[20:50] <~Lurker> stone than they do to wood. The buildings that the archeologists are in are similar to "classroom trailers" in the sense that they are white, rectangular (or square), with a few windows and doors, but nothing fancy.
[20:51] <Scantron> Roger turns to Jillian questioningly. He turns on his voice. "Wwwwhat do you mean? I w-" He turns it off.
02[20:52] * ZK (~ten.mocrie.nilbud.prp.1sar-b.31E0B4CE-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.mocrie.nilbud.prp.1sar-b.31E0B4CE-CRInys|alliztahc) Quit (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 11.0/20120312181643])
[20:52] <%Sequence> She raises an eyebrow. This place is nice.
[20:52] <Dawny> "Just…keep me from talking to Janus at all costs."
[20:52] <Scantron> He nods.
02[20:53] * Janus__ (ten.xoc.ds.ds.7985612-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.xoc.ds.ds.7985612-CRInys|tibbiM) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[20:56] <Scantron> Voice on. "Why?" Voice off.
[20:56] <Absrev> "Wonderful, at least it's not too dry. Means water nearby."
[20:57] <Absrev> "Something wrong, Jillian?" He turned to her.
06[20:57] * Janus_ looks outside. "Tight. Work on a real tan, too."
[20:57] <%Sequence> "Any lakes?"
[20:57] <Dawny> "Tea later Shar. We'll talk about it then."
[20:59] <Absrev> He smiled. "Naturally, Miss Cunningham."
[20:59] <@Gwen> Victoria just looks around. "It's very…untouched…"
[21:00] <Dawny> Jillian chuckles and shakes her head. "I will kick you"
06[21:00] * Janus_ nods. "Now it is. With ruins, though…."
01[21:03] <~Lurker> Following the coordinates on their PDAs, they end up at one of the buildings with a man in a white suit of armor that has various golden yellow stripes along it, SPINDEL written along the back in golden yellow, and 01A on his right shoulder, talking to Blackstone, who's in his off-ship armor. http://jcpahl.deviantart.com/art/Sci-fi-soldier-296377043 (sans helmet)
06[21:05] * Janus_ strolls up, rifle at a casual carry, looking around the area.
[21:05] <%Sequence> Norra ghosts at the back of the group, glancing around herself as she does.
[21:05] <Dawny> Jillian toys with a screwdriver.
03[21:05] * Absrev_ (~moc.rr.zib.es.09998E7A-CRInys|versba#moc.rr.zib.es.09998E7A-CRInys|versba) has joined #razorwing-rp
01[21:06] <~Lurker> Blackstone turns at the group's arrival, and gestures to them. "This is my team, Doctor. Would you like to fill them in, or shall I?" "I don't mind. Greetings, greetings, it's a pleasure to meet you all. I was just bringing your Captain up to speed on the current situation."
[21:06] <Scantron> Roger nods and pays attention.
02[21:07] * Absrev (~ten.ralugnicym.3E14E86-CRInys|versba#ten.ralugnicym.3E14E86-CRInys|versba) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[21:07] * Absrev_ is now known as Absrev
02[21:07] * Absrev (~moc.rr.zib.es.09998E7A-CRInys|versba#moc.rr.zib.es.09998E7A-CRInys|versba) Quit (Client exited)
[21:07] <Dawny> Jillian smiles and pay attention.
06[21:09] * Janus_ nods, taking his hand off the stock and offering it to Spindel. "Good to meet you. Rogo."
01[21:11] <~Lurker> The Doctor shakes Janus' hand. "Essentially, we've found what we believe to be a laboratory belonging to whatever species once inhabited this planet - or potentially a military complex. Maybe both! Maybe they had the idea for the Razorwing before /we/ did - regardless, we can't get /in/ to it. We've only vague hints due to etchings on the walls, but there's a door that's blocking our
01[21:11] <~Lurker> progress. It's unpowered, made out of something that forces our drills to power down when we try to use them, and doesn't seem to have any traditional locking mechanism."
03[21:13] * Absrev (~moc.rr.zib.es.09998E7A-CRInys|versba#moc.rr.zib.es.09998E7A-CRInys|versba) has joined #razorwing-rp
[21:13] <Dawny> "Ooo…fun…"
[21:14] <Scantron> Roger begins thinking of potential ways to open it.
[21:14] <%Sequence> Norra drifts a little closer to the conversation, curiosity piqued.
[21:15] <Janus_> "Have you tried a shaped charge?"
01[21:16] <~Lurker> "Failed to detonate, we couldn't actually get the detonator to go off, and when we tried to blow it up another way, the damage was miniscule and the weapon used to set it off failed."
[21:16] <Dawny> "Can I see it?"
[21:16] <Absrev> "Then you believe something else is at work?"
[21:17] <Absrev> Shar stepped in to look at it himself.
[21:17] <Scantron> Voice on. "Have you trrried g-g-going through the wall wall next to the door or?"
01[21:20] <~Lurker> "We can't, the ruins seem to be encased by the same type of material. I'll take you down and show you all - do you have closed circuit breathing systems?"
[21:21] <Scantron> "My augmmmentations flirtations fiiiiilters out haz-" His voice stops without warning.
[21:21] <Scantron> He frowns.
[21:21] <%Sequence> Norra shakes her head.
02[21:22] * Pig_catapult (~ten.tsacmoc.ac.1dsh.4F8C7D28-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.tsacmoc.ac.1dsh.4F8C7D28-CRInys|alliztahc) Quit (Ping timeout)
01[21:23] <~Lurker> "We can get you some breathing systems. Hopefully they won't cause too many issues. Come, I'll get you all fitted out if you don't have them." Dr. Spindel nods and leads them off, Blackstone follows suit.
06[21:23] * Janus_ pulls his helmet on. There's a click-hissss- as it locks on.
[21:24] <Dawny> Jillian follows.
[21:25] <@Gwen> As does Victoria.
[21:25] <Scantron> "-ardous materrrials…" Roger makes a motion that, in a man with eyes, would cause his eyes to roll. He turns off his voice for now.
[21:25] <%Sequence> Norra tags along.
01[21:25] <~Lurker> Spindel leads them to a room where there are various uniforms and suits, as well as some standalone things. He fetches several helmets that are non-obstructive view-wise, and seem to have something connected to them. "These have 12 hours of breathable air, and then 2 emergency hours where it's able to recycle. Who needs one?"
06[21:26] * Janus_ looks over at Roger. "You think your shit'll get shut down?"
[21:26] <Dawny> "Me, please"
[21:27] <@Gwen> Victoria steps forward and raises a hand, adjusting her glasses.
[21:27] <Scantron> Voice on. "I hhhhope not. I'll be be be able to breeeathe but I think ink blink my eyes and left hannnnd and fingers are vulllnerable bull full." Voice off.
03[21:27] * Janus__ (ten.xoc.ds.ds.7985612-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.xoc.ds.ds.7985612-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #razorwing-rp
[21:27] <%Sequence> Norra raises a hand.
01[21:27] <~Lurker> Victoria, Jillian, and Norra are handed the helmets.
01[21:27] <~Lurker> They're a bit bulky, but they all fit.
[21:27] <%Sequence> She puts on her helmet.
[21:28] <Dawny> Jillian slips it on, frowning.
06[21:28] * Janus__ nods. "Try not to touch anything. Sounds like the issue is with contact…."
01[21:28] <~Lurker> "Anyone else?" He asks. "If not, I'll give you all access cards, and I'll lead you to the site."
[21:28] <Scantron> Roger nods, then slips on his helmet.
[21:29] <Dawny> "I'll keep you up Roger…it's my job."
[21:29] <Absrev> Shar slips his own suit on as he readies to enter the ruins
[21:30] <Scantron> Voice on, and with a move of a dial, it takes on a slightly indignant tone. "I caaaan maint-t-tain myself. I dddid so for five six four five years." Voice off, dial back.
06[21:30] * Janus__ steps forward for his access card. "Relax, Roger. Just trying to keep us all out of trouble."
[21:31] <Scantron> He was talking to Jillian.
[21:31] <Scantron> Roger puts on a suit himself.
[21:31] <Dawny> "I'm saying if you shut down Roger, nothing else."
[21:31] <Janus> And Janus was talking to Roger.
[21:31] <Scantron> He nods to both of them, then.
03[21:31] * Absrev_ (~ten.ralugnicym.7D127A91-CRInys|versba#ten.ralugnicym.7D127A91-CRInys|versba) has joined #razorwing-rp
02[21:33] * Mr_Wilt (PI.CC227603.379C3201.ECE9880A|tibbiM#PI.CC227603.379C3201.ECE9880A|tibbiM) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
01[21:34] <~Lurker> Spindel nods, and when everyone's ready to go, leads them back out and to a large building, that houses a tram that goes down into the ground. He flashes his ID card, then hands out some temporary ones to the others, letting them board.
02[21:34] * Absrev (~moc.rr.zib.es.09998E7A-CRInys|versba#moc.rr.zib.es.09998E7A-CRInys|versba) Quit (Ping timeout)
03[21:34] * Absrev_ is now known as Absrev
[21:34] <%Sequence> Norra just stands at the back of the group, moving when the others do.
01[21:34] <~Lurker> The tram is spacious, it is very roomy and has comfortable seats!
[21:34] <Scantron> Roger sits in one of said comfortable seats!
[21:34] <Dawny> Jillian sits and smiles, this is exciting.
01[21:35] <~Lurker> The ride doesn't last very long, and they can see a very well lit area approach. There are tons of floodlights examining the walls and the 'door' that has intricate markings all over it, a few seeming out of place, but at the same time, like that's how they were intended to be, as well as a few scientists working about.
06[21:35] * Janus
frowns, looking around the facility.
[21:36] <%Sequence> Norra glances around as well, too.
[21:36] <Absrev> "Hmmm…fascinating."
[21:36] <Dawny> Jillian steps toward the door. She takes out her data pad and starts to run scans.
[21:37] <Scantron> Roger takes a look around as well. A twist of a knob on his left wrist lets him see in infrared temporarily, and he looks towards the door.
01[21:37] <~Lurker> The scans are… coming up wrong. Nothing seems to read properly.
[21:37] <Absrev> "This must be ancient…"
06[21:38] * Janus__ looks at the overall layout. Placement of cover, fields of fire, and other tactical points.
[21:38] <Dawny> "Imposable…" Jillian frowns and tweaks her settings.
01[21:38] <~Lurker> The walls seem to be covered in carved artwork of vines and starships, as well as raised portions. The door itself has two figures that must be deities on it.
01[21:38] <~Lurker> Janus finds that there really doesn't seem to be much around - anything that's 'cover' seems to be mounds of dirt from excavation.
[21:39] <Janus> But the facility itself doesn't seem to be set up to defend against attacks?
01[21:39] <~Lurker> Dr Spindel approaches and looks at the Eastern wall. "We believe that the vines represent whoever or whatever was on the starships planting seeds of life on this planet - or perhaps that's what they hoped to achieve."
01[21:39] <~Lurker> It does not.
03[21:39] * Scantron is now known as ScanAFK
[21:39] <ScanAFK> What does Roger see via infrared?
[21:40] <Absrev> "The question, of course, is why they died out."
01[21:40] <~Lurker> How about rolling for it, Scan? :3c
06[21:40] * ~Lurker paps.
06[21:40] * Janus
stalks around. "Well… It doesn't feel like a military outpost…. Not the right set up."
[21:41] <%Sequence> Norra leans closer to the door, examining it. Roll shit?
01[21:41] <~Lurker> Yep.
01[21:41] <~Lurker> Perception rolls if you're looking for things.
01[21:41] <~Lurker> Or examining.
[21:41] <Absrev> "What does it feel like, then?"
[21:41] <Dawny> Jillian re-scans the door…would that be percep as well?
[21:42] <Janus> 4df+4 Signs of a fight?
[21:42] <Glacon> Janus
: Signs of a fight?: 3 (4df+4=0, 3+, 4-, 4-)
01[21:42] <~Lurker> Nope, any scans that Jillian attempt come up as a failure to read, insufficient data, or something that is clearly not a door.
01[21:42] <~Lurker> Janus: You see nothing of the sort - any potential signs of a fight have probably been erased with time, or there simply wasn't fighting around this door.
[21:42] <Dawny> "Piece of crap…" Jillian frowns and starts to examine the door.
[21:43] <%Sequence> 6df+4 examinin duurs
[21:43] <Glacon> Sequence: examinin duurs: 4 (6df+4=3+, 0, 4-, 0, 3+, 4-)
[21:43] <Dawny> 4df+3 The fuck are your secrets?
[21:43] <Glacon> Dawny: The fuck are your secrets?: 2 (4df+3=3+, 0, 4-, 4-)
06[21:43] * Janus__ walks up, looking at the door as well. He tugs out a flashlight, flips it on, and touches it to the door.
01[21:43] <~Lurker> Jillian is able to tell that the artwork seems to be lovingly crafted.
[21:43] <%Sequence> 4df+4 what are you door butt
[21:43] <Glacon> Sequence: what are you door butt: 5 (4df+4=0, 0, 3+, 0)
[21:44] <%Sequence> "There's a… puzzle or something, here." What roll to solve puzzle?
[21:44] <Dawny> Jillain reaches out to touch some of the art.
[21:44] <Dawny> Jillian*
03[21:44] * ScanAFK is now known as Scantron
01[21:44] <~Lurker> More perception, now that you know what you're looking for.
[21:44] <Scantron> 6df+5 Sorry, was AFK
[21:44] <Glacon> Scantron: Sorry, was AFK: 5 (6df+5=3+, 4-, 0, 0, 4-, 3+)
01[21:45] <~Lurker> Scan: 4df
[21:45] <Janus> 4df+3 Puzzles suck
[21:45] <Glacon> Janus
: Puzzles suck: 3 (4df+3=0, 0, 3+, 4-)
[21:45] <Dawny> 4df+3 TELL ME DAMN IT
[21:45] <Glacon> Dawny: TELL ME DAMN IT: 2 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, 4-)
[21:45] <Scantron> 4df+5 Sorry, used to 6df
[21:45] <Glacon> Scantron: Sorry, used to 6df: 3 (4df+5=0, 4-, 0, 4-)
01[21:45] <~Lurker> Janus and Jillian both notice a pattern in the vines - almost like a heartbeat.
[21:45] <Janus> Did Janus flashlight kick off when it hit the door?
[21:45] <%Sequence> 4df+4 Norra dicks around with puzzle shit.
[21:45] <Glacon> Sequence: Norra dicks around with puzzle shit.: 3 (4df+4=0, 4-, 4-, 3+)
01[21:45] <~Lurker> Roger notices that the doors seem colder than the rest of the room - despite having the most light focused at it. Not significantly, but odd nonetheless.
01[21:45] <~Lurker> Janus: it didn't
01[21:46] <~Lurker> Norra is also able to tell that the vines have a pattern
06[21:46] * Janus
traces the pattern out with the light. "Hey, you guys see this?"
[21:46] <Dawny> Jillian follows the vines, do they meet at some point?
[21:46] <%Sequence> Norra glances over. "Yes."
[21:46] <Dawny> "Mhm"
01[21:46] <~Lurker> The pattern is noticibly broken at certain points - and correspond to animals that seem drawn around it.
06[21:46] * Janus__ looks back to the out of place patterns from before.
[21:47] <Scantron> Voice on: "The dooooor is cold colder than elsewhere else." Voice off.
01[21:47] <~Lurker> There are four breaks - two on each side. One of the breaks has a vine creeping up towards what appears to be a winged creature. Below is something that looks vaguely like a fish.
01[21:47] <~Lurker> Another break has it reaching down towards a strange marking, and above has a space ship of sorts - organic, perhaps.
06[21:48] * Janus__ looks back to Roger. "Weird… Check these patterns out. Looks like a puzzle."
01[21:48] <~Lurker> On the other side, both breaks are reaching down towards some sort of 'liquid' that is engraved into the mural, above it are plants, and another ship.
[21:48] <Scantron> Roger limps over and takes a look at the patterns.
01[21:48] <~Lurker> The vines also continue along, and look like they can be moved!
[21:48] <%Sequence> Perception to solve puzzle shit?
06[21:48] * Janus__ looks back to Spindel, indicating the fish and such. "Have you seen these patterns anywhere else?"
[21:48] <Dawny> Jillian follows Roger and looks.
01[21:49] <~Lurker> Spindel looks over, studying the patterns. "No where. This is the only real 'find' we've run across."
01[21:49] <~Lurker> "Everything else is from the cities, everyday life."
01[21:49] <~Lurker> No perception, just guessing on how to move the vines.
06[21:49] * Janus__ nods. "Yeah… Got it. You tried moving the fuckers around? Guess and check?"
01[21:50] <~Lurker> "They're movable?" Spindel blinks and approaches, tugging on one of the 'movable' vines. It takes a noticable amount of tugging, but it finally seems to shift, and he eases it down.
01[21:50] <~Lurker> It clicks into place, connecting the vine.
[21:50] <Janus> Do the patterns need to be placed in a particular order or something?
01[21:51] <~Lurker> Spindel sighs. "Well, that's simple enough… I'm guessing connect the vines so it's one consistent one."
[21:51] <@Kondraki> With nothing to do, Shar leans on a nearby wall, looking cool until he's capable of action again.
01[21:51] <~Lurker> Shar can move the vines!
[21:51] <Scantron> Roger avoids touching the walls. Just in case.
[21:51] <Janus
> "Hmm. Ship, Fish, Bird, Symbol?"
01[21:52] <~Lurker> "The ship is interesting… there's no real evidence of whatever lived here having spacefaring technology."
[21:52] <%Sequence> Norra shrugs and moves to connect the vines in that fashion.
[21:52] <@Kondraki> Shar has no reason to move any vines. He is a doctor and an assassin. Plus, it seems like there are plenty of people working on the whole vines puzzle dilemma.
01[21:53] <~Lurker> What fashion?
[21:53] <@Kondraki> He continues to stand there, looking cool and being a cool, non-plussed kind of guy.
06[21:53] * Janus__ nods. "External evolutionar-Hey, Shar, get over here and help."
[21:53] <%Sequence> The fashion descrbed by Janus.
[21:53] <Dawny> "No…liquid, fish, bird, ship…evolution."
[21:54] <@Kondraki> "I believe you have this puzzle well in hand. Too many cooks spoil the soup, as it is."
01[21:54] <~Lurker> "Which order, left to right, or right to left?"
01[21:54] <~Lurker> Redact
01[21:54] <~Lurker> Spindel shifts the vine he was working with - with a bit of difficulty - towards the 'liquid'
[21:55] <@Kondraki> Looking over to Victoria, Shar set his medical kit down. "What do you make of all this?"
02[21:56] * Absrev (~ten.ralugnicym.7D127A91-CRInys|versba#ten.ralugnicym.7D127A91-CRInys|versba) Quit (Quit: Colloquy for iPad - http://colloquy.mobi)
[21:56] <@Gwen> She looks around the space, blinking a few times, before settling on the vine structure. "Not a clue what it is…"
01[21:56] <~Lurker> "Evolution sounds like a good basis to go off of."
06[21:57] * Janus__ looks over. "It's a medical kit!"
[21:57] <Dawny> "Medical kit? Where did you get that from?"
06[21:57] * Janus__ looks back to Spindel. "Slow down…. You sure it's not Ship, Water, Fish, Bird?"
01[21:57] <~Lurker> "… We could try that, too. Mind giving me a hand? I'm not as strong as I used to be."
[21:58] <%Sequence> Norra nods, moving to help Spindel.
06[21:58] * Janus__ steps forward, slinging his rifle, and gives the man a hand.
[21:58] <Dawny> "Why would it be that?" Jillian helps!
01[21:58] <~Lurker> First up, Spindel starts to move the 'liquid' towards the ship.
[21:58] <@Kondraki> "I'm still not entirely sure why we were called here for an archeological dig."
[21:58] <Janus> "Extraterrestrial interference."
06[21:59] * Janus
chuckles, pulling with Spindel. "Not saying it was aliens…."
[21:59] <Dawny> "It could be, but I'm thinking evolution…" Jillian pulls!
[21:59] <%Sequence> Norra helps him shove the liquid into position.
01[21:59] <~Lurker> Spindel does not understand the reference, and moves on to the other side to begin shifting the vines to fish and bird, respectively.
[22:00] <Dawny> "Wait…you mean aliens starting evolution…good one Janus" Jillian nods.
06[22:01] * Janus__ waits by the ship vine. "Yeaaah. I try."
[22:01] <@Kondraki> "Well, given that the aliens seem to have moved out quite some time ago, I'm not certain where AEGIS's interest lie."
[22:02] <Janus> "Genesis."
[22:02] <Dawny> Jillian rolls her eyes.
01[22:02] <~Lurker> After they're finished moving the vines, nothing seems to happen, before the vines on the door begin shifting on their own accord, and there are several clicks, before they crack open.
01[22:02] <~Lurker> nothing seems to happen for a few long seconds*
06[22:03] * Janus
pushes on the door.
01[22:05] <~Lurker> The doors open slowly, revealing a slightly dirtied corridor that looks like something you'd see in a modern research lab. The walls are grey, and some sort of metal. The flooring is - oddly - still dirt-like in nature.
[22:05] <Dawny> Jillian jumps, excited. "Fuck yes"
[22:05] <Janus> "Huh… Look at that…."
[22:05] <%Sequence> Norra smiles a little.
[22:05] <Scantron> Roger remains calm. He peeks his head in interestedly.
[22:06] <@Kondraki> Stepping away from the wall, Shar gave a small grin. "Looks like we can head inside."
01[22:06] <~Lurker> Spindel looks to the group, then looks to the rest of the researchers who've had their attention peaked. "So… would you like to go in first?" He asks, before looking down the corridor again. There seems to be a powersource, as the inside is lit up. Dimly, but still lit up.
[22:06] <Dawny> Jillian eyes any electronics in the room, like a kid at a toy store.
01[22:07] <~Lurker> There don't seem to be any visible electronics.
06[22:07] * Janus
unslings his rifle and chambers a round. "Hold on. Let me go first…."
[22:07] <Scantron> Roger heads in, unless anyone stops him. He looks up at the lights. What kind are they? Incandescent, flourescent, or what? Roll something to find out?
01[22:08] <~Lurker> Victoria is able to determine that the vines do indeed seem vaguely sentient - at least they're not just for decoration.
01[22:08] <~Lurker> Not entirely their own accord, almost like they were programmed to protect the door.
06[22:08] * Janus__ holds an arm out in front of Roger. "Let the dumb muscle go first."
[22:08] <Dawny> "I want to get to that power source." Jillian's hands twitch. "Well…find it first."
[22:08] <Scantron> Roger stops, then.
01[22:08] <~Lurker> Roger: Perception.
[22:08] <@Gwen> Victoria looks to everyone. "Umm…folks…those vine things…they're more…sentient then your average moving vine thing."
[22:09] <Scantron> 4df+5 The one part of Roger's implants that is legitimately useful
[22:09] <Glacon> Scantron: The one part of Roger's implants that is legitimately useful: 8 (4df+5=0, 3+, 3+, 3+)
[22:09] <Dawny> Jillian glances around for the power source.
06[22:09] * Janus__ clips his flashlight under the rifle, then stops and looks back at Allen. "Really?"
[22:09] <%Sequence> Norra stops, glancing at the vines. "What do you mean?"
01[22:09] <~Lurker> The vines don't seem to be moving now, but Spindel and the group of researchers approach cautiously to examine them.
[22:09] <@Kondraki> Shar steps up to the vines, and does his own examination.
01[22:10] <~Lurker> Roger is able to tell that the lights seem bioluminescent.
[22:10] <@Kondraki> 4df+4 Medical
[22:10] <Glacon> Kondraki: Medical: 6 (4df+4=3+, 0, 0, 3+)
06[22:10] * Janus__ enters the room, pointing his rifle around, walking softly and slowly, checking for threats.
[22:10] <Janus> 4df+3 Checking Thermal and Standard
[22:10] <Glacon> Janus
: Checking Thermal and Standard: 4 (4df+3=0, 0, 0, 3+)
[22:11] <%Sequence> Norra just stands in the middle of the hallway and is struck by a sense of uselessness.
01[22:11] <~Lurker> Shar is able to determine and confirm Victoria's claim. The vines are not simple plants. They seem to have a purpose of guarding that door.
01[22:11] <~Lurker> Almost sentient, but not 100%, perhaps.
[22:11] <Scantron> Roger grins. Voice on. "Lllllights are biooooooluminescent. I knowww this this stuff." Voice off.
[22:11] <@Kondraki> Using his knife, Shar attempts to cut away some of the vines from the door, in case they were still going to try and prevent entry.
[22:12] <@Kondraki> 4df+5 Melee
01[22:12] <~Lurker> Janus does not see any threats, and thermal shows that the ground is giving off the most heat after the lights. The rest of the facility is "cold".
[22:12] <Glacon> Kondraki: Melee: 7 (4df+5=3+, 4-, 3+, 3+)
[22:12] <@Gwen> Victoria smiles. "Epiphany would be loving this stuff!" She takes her glasses off and prods at one of the vines lightly with them.
06[22:12] * Janus__ turns and waves them forward. "Looks clear. Residual heat from the ground, but that's all…."
[22:13] <Scantron> Roger enters.
01[22:13] <~Lurker> Shar's knife touches the vine, which seems to harden itself against the coral knife.
01[22:13] <~Lurker> The vine does not cut - it's almost like trying to saw steel with a knife.
[22:13] <Dawny> "Bioluminescent? Wicked…"
[22:14] <%Sequence> "Intriguing."
06[22:14] * Janus__ kneels, tugging his hatchet out, and digs at the floor.
[22:14] <@Gwen> "Umm…can I be alll Vicky Rain-cloud for a second, folks?"
[22:14] <@Kondraki> "Quite. Not going to be easy to get rid of them."
01[22:14] <~Lurker> Spindel looks over to Victoria, blinking.
[22:15] <Janus> "Go ahead. Rain on my parade."
[22:15] <Scantron> Voice on. "I rrrecog-cognized it froooom my subderrrmal implants." Voice off, and he looks to Victoria.
[22:15] <%Sequence> Norra glances over to Victoria.
01[22:15] <~Lurker> Janus is digging! The dirt seems to go down a few inches, and then turn into the same material the doors were made of.
[22:15] <Janus
> Level distribution throughout the visible area?
01[22:15] <~Lurker> It looks that way.
[22:16] <@Kondraki> "Please Victoria, do tell."
[22:16] <Dawny> "Can we come in yet Janus?"
[22:16] <@Gwen> "We have biological lights and sentient plant tendrils at the entrance." She looks at everyone. "Are we sure this underground passage isn't somethings mouth?" She puts her back on. "I've heard stories about giant…reptile like things on mining planets that look like tunnels and mine shafts."
01[22:17] <~Lurker> Spindel frowns. "Well… that's… certainly a morbid way of thinking…"
06[22:17] * Janus__ taps on the wall, then gestures to the hole. "I doubt it. Looks like a facility with a weird guard is all. Come on in, Jillian."
[22:17] <Dawny> "Someone had to have worked in here before…I mean, look at the equipment…"
[22:17] <%Sequence> Norra looks at the ground. Ew.
[22:17] <Dawny> Jillian steps it, eyes wide.
[22:18] <@Gwen> Victoria glares at Janus. "Well done, just dismissing a theory because you don't like it, Rogo." She sighs. "Listen, it's just a guess…and I'm just saying we should be more mindful of these things." She pulls out her scanner and starts heading further into the tunnel.
[22:19] <Scantron> Voice on: "My gggguess is they foc-c-cused on biotech tectonic textile ratttther than electronics."
01[22:19] <~Lurker> Victoria, roll medical!
06[22:19] * Janus__ shakes his head at Victoria, then proceeds deeper into the tunnel.
[22:19] <Dawny> Jillian derps around the room, scanning for electric or mechanical items.
[22:20] <@Kondraki> Shar follows in after Victoria, keeping his eyes peeled.
[22:20] <@Gwen> 4df+5 FUCK YOU DICE THING
[22:20] <Glacon> Gwen: FUCK YOU DICE THING: 3 (4df+5=4-, 0, 0, 4-)
01[22:20] <~Lurker> Well, nothing seriously interesting, but the scanner picks up the signal of the lights - which seem to be some sort of worm-like species.
[22:21] <@Kondraki> 4df+4 Medical
[22:21] <Glacon> Kondraki: Medical: 2 (4df+4=4-, 0, 0, 4-)
[22:21] <@Gwen> Victoria looks over to Shar. "This is gonna look great in front of the Cap and everyone else…give me a boost Shar, I wanna see the lights closer."
01[22:21] <~Lurker> Shar gets the same readings as Victoria.
01[22:22] <~Lurker> Jillian and Janus find that the hallway splits into two directions, and have doors as soon as they get to the end of the "first hall".
[22:22] <Dawny> "Left or right?"
[22:22] <Scantron> Roger follows Jillian and Janus. He is an explorer! "Llleft. Why nnot."
[22:22] <Janus> "Wait for the others."
01[22:22] <~Lurker> Spindel and his team start to move in slowly, examining the surroundings.
[22:23] <Dawny> "We can make a decision and not act on it right away, you know."
[22:23] <%Sequence> Norra nods, moving to lean against a wall and then deciding not to.
[22:23] <@Kondraki> "Huh…those things are alive."
[22:23] <Dawny> Jillian looks at each door, checking for markings and the like.
06[22:23] * Janus
nods, then looks at the door for signs of wear.
[22:23] <@Kondraki> Moving to give Victoria a boost, Shar lifted her up by her hips into the air.
[22:24] <Janus> 4df+4 Why have I been rolling 3 for Perception
[22:24] <Glacon> Janus
: Why have I been rolling 3 for Perception: 5 (4df+4=0, 3+, 3+, 4-)
[22:24] <Dawny> 4df+3 derpity doo
[22:24] <Glacon> Dawny: derpity doo: 4 (4df+3=4-, 3+, 3+, 0)
[22:24] <@Gwen> "Thank you." She quickly collects a sample for Dr. Trebuchet, so they have things ot geek out over. "Alright, down, before we're left behind."
[22:24] <@Kondraki> Bringing her back down, he smiled. "Have you lost weight, Victoria?"
[22:24] <%Sequence> Norra just… goes with the group. Should she roll perception as well?
[22:25] <Scantron> 4df+5 I'm scanning around.
[22:25] <Glacon> Scantron: I'm scanning around.: 5 (4df+5=0, 3+, 0, 4-)
01[22:25] <~Lurker> The doors seem to be in fairly good condition, Janus. Jillian notes that the majority of the facility seems to be in pretty peak condition.
01[22:25] <~Lurker> Victoria has attained WORM SAMPLE
06[22:26] * Janus__ looks around. "Pick a number. 1 - 10."
[22:26] <Dawny> "Five"
[22:26] <Scantron> "Six."
01[22:26] <~Lurker> Roger is able to determine that the air inside of the facility isn't quite contaminated, but probably isn't ideal for breathing due to the age of it.
[22:26] <%Sequence> "Three."
[22:26] <@Gwen> "Let's go with yes." She smiled at Shar and started to walk forward, taking her hair back.
01[22:26] <~Lurker> Sec.
[22:26] <Janus> "Even. Go right."
01[22:27] <~Lurker> The corridor comes to a T. To the left are three doors, one on either wall, and one at the end of a brief corridor. To the right is one door, and a curve in the hallway.
[22:27] <Scantron> "The air air air is not the best the worst the /best/, but iiiiiit's breathab-"
06[22:28] * Janus
starts to the right, rifle pointed in front of him, pointing the light around the hall.
[22:29] <%Sequence> Norra frowns, confused, and then follows Janus.
[22:29] <@Kondraki> Putting an arm around Victoria's waist as they walked through the facility, he continued to look around, taking in the sights. It wasn't every day you got to examine the ruins of a lost alien civilization.
[22:29] <Dawny> Jillian follows Janus.
01[22:29] <~Lurker> Do they continue down the hall, or inspect the door?
[22:30] <Dawny> Jillian inspects the door.
[22:30] <Janus> "Check the door, guys, I'll move up for a second."
[22:30] <Dawny> 4df+3 Tell me your secrets
[22:30] <Glacon> Dawny: Tell me your secrets: 2 (4df+3=4-, 0, 4-, 3+)
[22:30] <%Sequence> Norra continues down the hall.
[22:30] <Scantron> Roger also inspects the door.
[22:30] <Scantron> 4df+5 I can see into forever
[22:30] <Glacon> Scantron: I can see into forever: 3 (4df+5=0, 0, 4-, 4-)
01[22:30] <~Lurker> The door opens, if Jillian touches it. Slides to the side and reveals a room that looks… like an office?
06[22:31] * Janus
continues down the hall with Norra.
[22:31] <Dawny> "Huh" Jillian steps into the office and looks around.
01[22:31] <~Lurker> There are oddly shaped cabinets, and slabs of metal in the vague shape of desks and curved seats. It's almost certainly an office.
[22:31] <Scantron> Roger follows suit. He turns off his voice.
01[22:31] <~Lurker> Janus and Norra: Do you turn the corner?
03[22:31] * Scantron is now known as ScanAFK
[22:31] <%Sequence> She stays few steps behind and to his right, rifle at the ready.
[22:31] <Janus> Yes.
[22:31] <Dawny> Jillian tries to open a cabinet.
[22:32] <@Gwen> Victoria goes to look at the office, trying to steer Shar that was as wel.
01[22:32] <~Lurker> The cabinet opens… very weird-ly. It kind of twists before sliding out. Inside are some metal cylinders.
[22:32] <Dawny> Jillian grabs a cylinder. Does it open?
[22:32] <@Kondraki> Shar follows along. "This is certainly a sight to find in some ruins."
01[22:33] <~Lurker> Janus and Norra turn the corner, and hear a soft tweeting noise. The ceiling shifts, and two objects drop from the ceiling somewhat, the tweeting still audible.
01[22:33] <~Lurker> They're still attached, but now hang about a foot down, and look… well… perception for Janus and Norra.
03[22:33] * Feierbird (ten.tsacmoc.nm.1dsh.6EEFF072-CRInys|tibbiM#ten.tsacmoc.nm.1dsh.6EEFF072-CRInys|tibbiM) has joined #razorwing-rp
[22:33] <%Sequence> 4df+4 Norra stops, staring at the things.
[22:33] <Glacon> Sequence: Norra stops, staring at the things.: 7 (4df+4=3+, 0, 3+, 3+)
01[22:33] <~Lurker> Jillian: The cylinder does not open. It's about the width of a coke can, and a foot in length.
03[22:34] * Feierbird is now known as Waterbird
[22:34] <Janus
> 4df+4 RIFLE UP
[22:34] <Glacon> Janus: RIFLE UP: 7 (4df+4=0, 3+, 3+, 3+)
01[22:34] <~Lurker> Norra: Those unmistakably look like weapons.
01[22:34] <~Lurker> Janus: Those are defensive turrets.
[22:34] <Janus
> 4df+5 OPEN FIRE
[22:34] <Glacon> Janus: OPEN FIRE: 8 (4df+5=3+, 3+, 3+, 0)
[22:34] <Dawny> "The fuck is this?" Jillian tinkers with it for a moment. Percp to get any clues as to what the fuck?
[22:34] <%Sequence> 4df+5 Fire upon them!
[22:34] <Glacon> Sequence: Fire upon them!: 4 (4df+5=0, 3+, 4-, 4-)
[22:35] <Waterbird> Roger also takes a look at the cylinder.
01[22:35] <~Lurker> Shooting at the same, or different?
01[22:35] <~Lurker> There are two turrets
01[22:35] <~Lurker> Jillian: Perception, sure.
[22:35] <%Sequence> 2nd turret. .n.
06[22:35] * Janus
is aiming for the closest one to him. The stalk.
01[22:35] <~Lurker> 4df+3
[22:35] <Dawny> 4df+3 what are you?
04[22:35] <Glacon> Lurker: 4 (4df+3=4-, 0, 3+, 3+)
[22:35] <Glacon> Dawny: what are you?: 1 (4df+3=4-, 4-, 0, 0)
01[22:35] <~Lurker> 4df+3
04[22:35] <Glacon> Lurker: 0 (4df+3=0, 4-, 4-, 4-)
03[22:36] * Waterbird is now known as Feierbird
[22:36] <Feierbird> 4df+5 I wanna know!
[22:36] <Glacon> Feierbird: I wanna know!: 2 (4df+5=4-, 0, 4-, 4-)
01[22:36] <~Lurker> Janus and Norra's shots seem to hit a blue sphere that lights up as they shoot at the turrets. There's a whining noise, and the turrets return fire.
01[22:36] <~Lurker> 4df+2
04[22:36] <Glacon> Lurker: -1 (4df+2=4-, 0, 4-, 4-)
01[22:36] <~Lurker> 4df+2
04[22:36] <Glacon> Lurker: 0 (4df+2=4-, 4-, 0, 0)
01[22:37] <~Lurker> The first turret seems to jam at it's firing, not actually shooting at Janus.
02[22:37] * ScanAFK (~ten.tsacmoc.nm.1dsh.6EEFF072-CRInys|naD#ten.tsacmoc.nm.1dsh.6EEFF072-CRInys|naD) Quit (Ping timeout)
01[22:37] <~Lurker> The second shoots a brief flash of green light at Norra.
[22:37] <Janus> 4df+5 Sidestep in front of Norra
[22:37] <Glacon> Janus
: Sidestep in front of Norra: 7 (4df+5=3+, 0, 0, 3+)
01[22:37] <~Lurker> Only now it's heading for Janus. Roll PDef
[22:37] <Janus> That was PDef. Roll again?
01[22:37] <~Lurker> Jillian is able to determine that the cylinder is a storage container.
01[22:37] <~Lurker> However, she is unable to tell /what/ for.
01[22:37] <~Lurker> Roger is the same.
[22:38] <Dawny> "It has to open somehow…"
[22:38] <Feierbird> "How ddddo we ope open it do yyyou think?"
[22:38] <Dawny> Jillian looks for some kind of key.
01[22:38] <~Lurker> Oh, that was PDef
01[22:39] <~Lurker> Nope, the shot seems to hit Janus' armor, but only give a brief burn mark to it.
[22:39] <Janus
> 4df+5 Returning fire
[22:39] <Glacon> Janus: Returning fire: 6 (4df+5=3+, 0, 0, 0)
01[22:39] <~Lurker> Jillian: There doesn't seem to be a keyhole. It's got odd markings on it - almost like she'd need a few extra fingers to hold it properly.
01[22:39] <~Lurker> 4df+3
04[22:39] <Glacon> Lurker: 1 (4df+3=4-, 3+, 4-, 4-)
[22:39] <Dawny> "Hey, roger, let me barrow your hands."
01[22:40] <~Lurker> Janus' return fire on the one that hit him seems to cause the "blue bubble" to shatter, the shards vanishing into thin air.
[22:40] <@Kondraki> "What in the hell is going on in there?"
[22:40] <%Sequence> Norra looks at the ground, turning a sort of grayish-pink. "Thank you."
[22:40] <Feierbird> "You can borrow more th-" He very quickly turns his voice off and helps her hold the cylinder.
[22:40] <Dawny> Jillian takes some of the finger slots and lets Roger take the extras.
[22:41] <Janus
> "KEEP FIRING!"
01[22:41] <~Lurker> The cylinder clicks, and seems to be able to twist now!
[22:41] <%Sequence> 4df+4 Norra shoots that fucker.
[22:41] <Glacon> Sequence: Norra shoots that fucker.: 5 (4df+4=3+, 3+, 4-, 0)
[22:41] <Feierbird> Roger twists it!
01[22:41] <~Lurker> The one that shot Janus, or the other one?
[22:41] <%Sequence> The other one that's relatively undamaged.
01[22:41] <~Lurker> 4df+3
04[22:41] <Glacon> Lurker: 1 (4df+3=4-, 4-, 0, 0)
01[22:41] <~Lurker> Norra similarly "shatters" the bubble
01[22:42] <~Lurker> 4df+2 Norra
04[22:42] <Glacon> Lurker: Norra: 3 (4df+2=3+, 3+, 4-, 0)
01[22:42] <~Lurker> 4df+2 Janus
04[22:42] <Glacon> Lurker: Janus: 2 (4df+2=4-, 0, 0, 3+)
[22:42] <Dawny> Jillian helps twist!
01[22:42] <~Lurker> The two turrets fire at Norra and Janus again - the one that jammed before seemingly having repaired itself.
06[22:42] * Janus__ continues to interpose himself between the turrets and Norra
[22:42] <Janus> 6df+3 Ath for positioning
[22:42] <Glacon> Janus
: Ath for positioning: 1 (6df+3=3+, 4-, 4-, 4-, 4-, 3+)
[22:42] <Janus> 4df+3 Ath for positioning
[22:42] <Glacon> Janus
: Ath for positioning: 2 (4df+3=4-, 3+, 4-, 0)
[22:43] <Janus> 6df+5 Defense
[22:43] <Glacon> Janus
: Defense: 5 (6df+5=3+, 4-, 0, 0, 0, 0)
01[22:43] <~Lurker> Jillian and Roger's twisting seems to cause one of the ends to open, and a black bar to slide out, twist horizontally, and display a green holographic screen with odd symbols on it.
[22:43] <Janus> 4df+5 Defense
[22:43] <Glacon> Janus
: Defense: 6 (4df+5=0, 3+, 4-, 3+)
[22:43] <Janus> 4df+5 Defense 2
[22:43] <Glacon> Janus
: Defense 2: 4 (4df+5=0, 0, 0, 4-)
01[22:44] <~Lurker> Both shots are absorbed by Janus' armor, leaving scorch marks - but no lasting damage, it would seem.
[22:44] <Dawny> "This is awesome…"
01[22:44] <~Lurker> Shar and Victoria: The office now has an additional source of light.
[22:44] <Feierbird> Roger nods in agreement, then turns the screen over in his hands, trying to see if it's anything like the screens he's used to looking at, or if it's some other technology entirely. Electronics?
01[22:45] <~Lurker> Yep.
[22:45] <@Gwen> Victoria takes out her medical scanner and does a sweep of the office thing.
[22:45] <Feierbird> 6df+4 wtf am i reading
[22:45] <Glacon> Feierbird: wtf am i reading: 0 (6df+4=4-, 4-, 3+, 4-, 4-, 4-)
[22:45] <Dawny> Jillian looks to see if there's anything else in the cabinets.
[22:45] <Feierbird> 4df+4 Er, whoops. Still getting used to new system.
01[22:45] <~Lurker> Roger is rolling the wrong dice!
[22:45] <Janus> 4df+5 Same target as before
[22:45] <Glacon> Feierbird: Er, whoops. Still getting used to new system.: 4 (4df+4=4-, 3+, 3+, 4-)
[22:45] <Glacon> Janus
: Same target as before: 6 (4df+5=0, 3+, 4-, 3+)
01[22:45] <~Lurker> 4df+3 Janus
04[22:45] <Glacon> Lurker: Janus: 0 (4df+3=4-, 0, 4-, 4-)
[22:45] <%Sequence> 4df+5 Norra keeps shooting, using Janus as a shield.
[22:45] <Glacon> Sequence: Norra keeps shooting, using Janus as a shield.: 8 (4df+5=3+, 0, 3+, 3+)
01[22:46] <~Lurker> The turret is hit finally and seems to crackle, before going 'limp'.
01[22:46] <~Lurker> 4df+3 Norra
04[22:46] <Glacon> Lurker: Norra: 2 (4df+3=0, 4-, 3+, 4-)
01[22:46] <~Lurker> Same deal with Norra.
01[22:46] <~Lurker> Victoria is scanning the cylinder?
[22:46] <@Gwen> Sure, that looks scannable!
[22:46] <Janus> /me keeps his weapon pointed down the hallway. "Check the others."
[22:47] <@Gwen> 4df+5 Scannin'
[22:47] <Glacon> Gwen: Scannin': 5 (4df+5=4-, 0, 3+, 0)
01[22:47] <~Lurker> Roger is able to determine that the cylinder does contain some sort of electronic generation, obviously, and the light seems to be hard light.
[22:47] <@Kondraki> Shar does the same, but looks over the room with his internal imaging app to see if there were any more living 'parts' like the worms.
01[22:47] <~Lurker> Victoria is able to determine that the black thing that is projecting the holographic image is alive.
[22:47] <@Kondraki> 4df+4
[22:47] <Glacon> Kondraki: 3 (4df+4=4-, 0, 3+, 4-)
01[22:48] <~Lurker> Shar is able to determine that the "filing cabinets" also seem to be not entirely artificial.
[22:48] <%Sequence> Norra nods, nipping back up the hallway to glance at the others. "Everything alright?"
[22:48] <Dawny> Jillian opens more cabinets.
01[22:48] <~Lurker> The office is just dandy, Norra.
[22:48] <@Kondraki> "So, heavy use of bio-organic technology."
01[22:48] <~Lurker> Jillian: The cabinets are all full of the cylinders.
[22:48] <%Sequence> She nods at them again and goes back to Janus. "They're alright. Examining cabinets."
[22:48] <@Kondraki> "I wonder why…"
[22:49] <Dawny> "We found cool stuff…and nothing but more of those in here."
06[22:49] * Janus
steps up, tugging out his bayonet, and attempts to cut the turrets down.
[22:49] <@Gwen> "So, the projector device is alive…"
[22:49] <@Kondraki> "The cabinets seem to be alive as well."
[22:49] <Feierbird> Voice on. "Indddddeed. This issss electronic technologic too. Bioelectric."
01[22:49] <~Lurker> The turrets are cut down after a bit of hacking.
[22:49] <Dawny> "Oh…um…sorry cabinets…"
[22:50] <%Sequence> Norra tries to help.
[22:50] <@Kondraki> Shar laughed. "Jillian, I doubt they have feelings too."
06[22:50] * Janus__ picks them up in one hand, tugging a heavy pistol out, and looks at Norra. "Lets go back. Show them."
[22:50] <Janus> "Don't worry about heavy lifting, I'll get that."
[22:50] <@Kondraki> "But just in case they are, you could always invite them to tea."
[22:51] <%Sequence> She nods, moving to follow him.
[22:51] <Dawny> Jillian sticks her tongue out at Shar with a chuckle.
01[22:51] <~Lurker> Somewhere in an alternate dimension.
01[22:51] <~Lurker> Jillian and a cabinet are having tea.
[22:51] <Feierbird> Roger taps a few symbols on the screen at random.
06[22:51] * Janus
walks back, pistol up, and walks into the office, tossing the turrets on a desk.
[22:52] <@Kondraki> Grinning, he turned back to Victoria. "We should take the projector back with us, see what we can determine from it back at the labs."
[22:52] <Dawny> "All of these are projectors."
06[22:52] * Janus__ looks around, armor charred. "Automated defenses. Bioenergy projectors, I think."
01[22:52] <~Lurker> The symbols light up at Roger's touches, but don't seem to do much - and then the last press brings up another page with 'writing' on it.
01[22:52] <~Lurker> Or maybe it's just scribbles.
[22:53] <%Sequence> Norra hovers behind Janus, glancing around as well.
[22:53] <Dawny> "Hey, this hand writing's better than Victoria's."
[22:54] <Feierbird> Roger presses a small button on his wrist, taking a picture of the writing through his "eyes". He then presses more buttons. "I ggggot a picture pitcher water pitcher."
[22:54] <Feierbird> *-buttons +symbols
01[22:54] <~Lurker> The symbols lead to more pages with symbols and 'writing'.
06[22:54] * Janus__ turns and looks at Norra. "Fill them in, I'm going to go make sure Spindel and his men know."
[22:55] <Dawny> "Alright…should we progress?"
[22:55] <@Kondraki> "I believe so."
[22:55] <%Sequence> She nods and starts explaining what happened.
[22:55] <%Sequence> That is, if Jillian, Roger, Victoria, or Shar desire to hear.
[22:55] <Dawny> Jillian nods and smiles. "You guys alright?"
01[22:55] <~Lurker> Spindel and his men are still at the entrance, looking around and examining the walls and ground and the worms.
[22:55] <Feierbird> Roger takes pictures of the text and keeps going. He listens to Norra.
[22:55] <%Sequence> "Yes."
06[22:56] * Janus__ turns, keeping the armor damage concealed, and heads to Spindel. "Hey, Doc. Keep your men back for now."
01[22:56] <~Lurker> "We were planning on it - did something happen?"
06[22:57] * Janus__ nods. "Automated defenses. Some kind of shielded energy projector."
01[22:57] <~Lurker> Spindel's eyes widen. "Still working?"
[22:57] <%Sequence> "So it'd be a good idea for you all to stay back, for now." Norra explains to the others
[22:58] <Feierbird> Roger nods to Norra. "I ccccan do th-that."
[22:58] <@Kondraki> "O
06[22:58] * Janus__ nods again. "Not very well, though. At least, those weren't, but I don't want you guys taking any chances."
[22:58] <@Kondraki> "I think I'll come with you then." Shar pulled his knife back out again. "Scout ahead if I can."
[22:59] <%Sequence> She shrugs. "Not sure what these things see in. Might be a good idea to try concealment."
[22:59] <Dawny> "Be safe, we have plans tonight" Jillian tries to close the cabinets softly.
02[23:00] * Tox (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EEE18A5A-CRInys|amitlU#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EEE18A5A-CRInys|amitlU) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
01[23:00] <~Lurker> "We'll stay here then - do you think you'll be alright inside?"
03[23:00] * Tox (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EEE18A5A-CRInys|amitlU#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EEE18A5A-CRInys|amitlU) has joined #razorwing-rp
06[23:01] * Janus__ shrugs as he turns and heads back in. "If you don't hear from us in an hour or so, I'd let the Razorwing know."
[23:01] <Feierbird> "Do the plans inv-" Voice goes off. Roger doesn't even bother blushing this time.
01[23:01] <~Lurker> "We will."
[23:01] <%Sequence> Norra nods, stepping aside for Janus to enter.
[23:01] <Dawny> "Tea…want to join us?" Jillian smiles widely.
01[23:02] <~Lurker> So, quick update on everyone's positions.
[23:02] <@Kondraki> Smiling, he nodded. "You should take the offer, I'd like to get to know you."
[23:02] <%Sequence> Norra is in the office with Jillian and co.
06[23:02] * Janus__ is on his way back to the office.
[23:02] <Dawny> Jillian's in the office.
[23:02] <Feierbird> Roger is in the office, holding the cylinder thing. He nods at the invitatation.
[23:03] <@Kondraki> Turning invisible, Shar would head off down the other path that the sentry guns had been, going to scout ahead unseen.
01[23:04] <~Lurker> Are people taking the cylinder with them?
[23:04] <@Gwen> After asking Dr. Spindel, yes!
[23:05] <%Sequence> Norra waits for Janus to arrive.
02[23:07] * Tox (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EEE18A5A-CRInys|amitlU#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EEE18A5A-CRInys|amitlU) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
03[23:08] * Tox (~ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EEE18A5A-CRInys|amitlU#ten.nozirev.soif.cdhsaw.EEE18A5A-CRInys|amitlU) has joined #razorwing-rp
[23:08] <@Kondraki> 4df+8 Stealth, Tagging Chameleon
[23:08] <Glacon> Kondraki: Stealth, Tagging Chameleon: 8 (4df+8=0, 0, 4-, 3+)
[23:08] <@Kondraki> Shar continues to move ahead down the other corridor.
06[23:09] * Janus__ arrives back in the office and looks around. "Where's Shar?"
[23:10] <Feierbird> Voice on: "Invisible." Voice off.
[23:10] <%Sequence> "Went to scout ahead, testing invisibility."
01[23:10] <~Lurker> Just a moment.
01[23:11] <~Lurker> Alright, so
06[23:11] * Janus__ shakes his head. "Alone?"
01[23:11] <~Lurker> Jillian, Roger, Victoria, Norra, and Janus are in the office
[23:12] <%Sequence> She sighs. "Yes."
[23:13] <Feierbird> Roger continues to tap symbols on the screen, taking pictures whenever coming to a new screen of text.
[23:13] <Janus> "Mind going after him, so he doesn't get dropped down a pit and digested or killed horribly?"
[23:13] <Dawny> "Can we go…?"
01[23:14] <~Lurker> Roger is collecting quite a bit of information.
[23:14] <%Sequence> Norra nods. "Was just waiting for you to come back." Then she shifts to invisibility and heads after Shar.
[23:14] <Janus
> "Not yet. Lets get Shar back here, then head out in a group. Separation in an unknown area is a bad idea."
[23:14] <@Gwen> Victoria is currently studying the cylinder intently. "Dr. Spindel?"
[23:14] <Feierbird> Roger nods at Janus's statement.
[23:15] <@Gwen> She wanders off towards the entrance with the cylinder.
[23:15] <@Kondraki> 4df+2
[23:15] <Glacon> Kondraki: 4 (4df+2=0, 0, 3+, 3+)
[23:15] <%Sequence> Norra notes that Janus wants Shar back, and heads after him.
[23:15] <%Sequence> Roll anything to find Shar?
[23:15] <@Kondraki> Shar is currently on his way back to the group, still sneaking along invisibly.
[23:16] <@Kondraki> In fact, just a few moments later, he'd reappear walking towards them. "No more turrets. There's some labs and what looks like a medical wing down the hallway, and an elevator."
06[23:17] * Janus__ turns. "Where's Norra?"
01[23:17] <~Lurker> Seq: Perception
[23:18] <@Gwen> Victoria arrives at the entrance and looks for Spindel.
01[23:19] <~Lurker> Spindel is there with his team. "Ah, any further finds?"
[23:20] <%Sequence> Norra reappears once Shar does, tagging along behind him towards Janus.
06[23:20] * Janus__ nods. "Good. We'll wait on Allen, then head for the Labs, first"
[23:20] <@Kondraki> "I believe we'd need to examine in force, I didn't want to risk setting off any security systems remaining."
[23:20] <@Gwen> Victoria holds out the cylinder. "This. We're not certain what it does, but I'd like your permission to bring through the complex with us just in case. I didn't want to disturb the site or anything…"
01[23:21] <~Lurker> Spindel looks it over. "What… is it?"
[23:21] <%Sequence> Norra nods and leans against a wall.
03[23:23] * Mr_Wilt (PI.CC227603.379C3201.ECE9880A|tibbiM#PI.CC227603.379C3201.ECE9880A|tibbiM) has joined #razorwing-rp
06[23:24] * Janus__ nods. "Who here is armed?"
[23:25] <Dawny> "I am" Jillian pats her blaster.
[23:25] <Feierbird> Roger shakes his head in the negative.
[23:25] <Janus> "Can you shoot, Roger?"
[23:25] <Feierbird> Another negative.
[23:26] <@Gwen> "It's a bio-electric data storage device, Doctor."
[23:26] <Janus
> "Hm. Alright, stay to the middle of the group, then. Shar, is the lovely Doctor Allen armed?"
01[23:27] <~Lurker> Spindel blinks, then raises an eyebrow. "Hmm… whoever or whatever built this place seems to have a fascination with mixing organics with things… very well. If you find anything else like it, be sure to bring it back with you."
[23:27] <@Kondraki> Shar looked to Victoria. "You aren't armed, are you?" To be honest, he wasn't entirely sure!
01[23:27] <~Lurker> Victoria is not in the room!
01[23:27] <~Lurker> Shar is talking to air!
01[23:27] <~Lurker> He must be crazy.
[23:28] <@Kondraki> Redact
[23:29] <@Kondraki> "I don't believe she is. Before all else, do no harm and all."
06[23:31] * Janus__ snorts. "Tell that to the kid with the Taka."
[23:31] <@Gwen> Victoria heads back down towards the group, nodding at Spindel.
01[23:32] <~Lurker> The group is together once again!
06[23:32] * Janus__ nods. "Alright. Guide us to the labs, Shar. I'll take point."
[23:32] <Feierbird> Roger moves towards the middle of the group.
06[23:33] * Janus__ pats his armor, slightly scorched. "Less squishy."
[23:33] <Dawny> "Where do you want me?"
[23:33] <%Sequence> Norra eyes his armor and nods. "Where should I be positioned?"
[23:33] <@Kondraki> He grinned. "Everyone slips, sometimes." Walking down the hall, he'd head back towards the medical labs.
06[23:35] * Janus__ looks at Norra. "Behind me, if you'd be so kind. Jillian, the rear. Doc, with Roger."
[23:35] <%Sequence> She nods, taking up her position.
[23:35] <Dawny> Jillian nods and takes the six.
01[23:36] <~Lurker> The group inevitably ends up at the large glass panel that shows the labs and the medical wing which are connected inside, and have a door that leads into each.
03[23:36] * Feierbird is now known as Jailbird
06[23:36] * Janus__ looks over. "You already been inside, Shar?"
[23:36] <Jailbird> Roger does his best to keep up despite his limp.
[23:37] <Dawny> Jillian stays behind Roger, he can take as long as he needs.
[23:37] <@Kondraki> He shook his head. "No, I came back after I checked it out. Didn't want to risk missing a security system."
[23:37] <Janus> "Alright. Guns'll clear the room, then the rest of you can move in."
03[23:38] * Sequence is now known as Jailquence
[23:39] <@Gwen> Victoria wanders over to Shar, still looking over the cylinder.
06[23:39] * Janus
stacks up on a door, then waves Norra up behind him.
[23:39] <%Jailquence> Norra follows obediently.
03[23:40] * Jailbird is now known as Feierbird
03[23:40] * Jailquence is now known as Sequence
[23:40] <@Kondraki> Shar looked to the cylinder in her hands. "So, what exactly is that thing?"
[23:40] <Dawny> Jillian is unsure if this applies to her as well.
06[23:41] * Janus__ opens the door!
[23:41] <%Sequence> Norra moves to cover him!
01[23:41] <~Lurker> The door slides open, and a slight musky stench wafts through.
01[23:41] <~Lurker> It's not bad, but it's definitely strange.
[23:41] <@Gwen> "Biological data storage! It's something relatively new to AEGIS…but this old!"
06[23:41] * Janus__ hooks in, checking corners and ceilings!
[23:42] <Feierbird> Roger nods in agreement with Allen (can't recall first name right now).
[23:42] <Dawny> Victoria
[23:42] <%Sequence> Norra moves into position!
[23:42] <@Kondraki> Shar wasn't exactly new to biological data storage, but this was quite a fascinating example. "Really now…how much data can it hold?"
[23:42] <Janus> 4df+4 CHECK FOR THREATS
[23:42] <Glacon> Janus
: CHECK FOR THREATS: 6 (4df+4=3+, 3+, 3+, 4-)
01[23:43] <~Lurker> There doesn't seem to be a threat in the labs!
01[23:43] <~Lurker> Infact, it's probably the quietest place they've been in.
[23:43] <Feierbird> Electronics to determine how much data it can hold, potentially?
[23:43] <@Gwen> "I have no idea…I also don't want to start mucking around with it, because computers and I got a divorce my first year of Med School."
01[23:43] <~Lurker> Also the brightest. Look at all these bioluminescent things.
06[23:43] * Janus__ double checks, then waves the others in. "Looks clear. A little too quiet, but clear."
01[23:43] <~Lurker> There's a jar on a counter that seems to be shifting between a dark purple, a light purple, and a black.
[23:43] <Feierbird> Voice on: "I'llll take a look at at at it later."
01[23:43] <~Lurker> … But it's /giving off/ light.
06[23:44] * Janus__ frowns, walking up to the jar, looking very closely at it.
[23:44] <@Kondraki> Laughing, he nodded. "I'm not much of a fan of them myself."
03[23:44] * Mr_Wilt is now known as Sleeping_Wilt
[23:44] <%Sequence> Norra stands up, settling back down and looking around. "Clear." She calls back to the others.
01[23:44] <~Lurker> The jar has a bubble form as Janus approaches, and it pops.
[23:44] <Feierbird> Roger enters.
[23:45] <Dawny> Jillian steps in, again looking for electrical or mechanical stuff.
02[23:45] * Janus_ (~ten.ralugnicym.28521AED-CRInys|tahCdnA#ten.ralugnicym.28521AED-CRInys|tahCdnA) Quit (Ping timeout)
06[23:45] * Janus__ steps back cautiously and calls over his shoulder. "Hey, check this goopy crap out."
01[23:45] <~Lurker> There are a few machines for Jillian to examine.
01[23:46] <~Lurker> They look like standard lab equipment.
[23:46] <Feierbird> "Not much OFFFF A biolololologist."
[23:46] <Dawny> Jillian walks to the machines. "Ooo…toys"
[23:46] <%Sequence> Norra steps up next to him, peering close at it.
[23:46] <Dawny> 4df+5 tell me what you are and how to play with you.
[23:46] <Glacon> Dawny: tell me what you are and how to play with you.: 5 (4df+5=4-, 3+, 3+, 4-)
01[23:46] <~Lurker> There's another bubble that forms, then pops.
[23:46] <%Sequence> She jerks back a little as it pops in her face.
06[23:47] * Janus__ puts an arm on her shoulder, holding her back. "Try and stay away from it…."
01[23:47] <~Lurker> Jillian can tell that the current machine she's inspecting is meant to take a substance and do something with it - potentially seperate the components.
[23:47] <Janus> Is Norra in armor?
[23:47] <Feierbird> Roger looks at the jar and changes his eyes to infrared. Perception to see if its temperature is different than the surroundings?
01[23:47] <~Lurker> The jar has a lid on it.
01[23:48] <~Lurker> The bubbles aren't popping aggressively.
[23:48] <Janus
> Oh
[23:48] <@Kondraki> Shar steps into the room, as he begins to inspect the room for more biological and living technology.
[23:48] <@Kondraki> 4df+4 Medical
[23:48] <Glacon> Kondraki: Medical: 2 (4df+4=4-, 4-, 4-, 3+)
[23:48] <Janus> Still does it. No telling with this science shit.
[23:48] <%Sequence> Norra is not in armor.
01[23:48] <~Lurker> Shar must be having trouble with the musk.
[23:48] <%Sequence> She shifts away from his hand.
[23:48] <Dawny> "Oh, sweet" Jillian checks of anything inside of it.
[23:48] <@Gwen> Victoria steps in as well, scanner in hand.
[23:49] <@Gwen> 4df+5 Medical
[23:49] <Glacon> Gwen: Medical: 4 (4df+5=0, 3+, 4-, 4-)
06[23:49] * Janus
steps forward, picking the jar up with his false hand.
01[23:49] <~Lurker> Jillian cannot open it! It doesn't seem to want to open!
[23:49] <Dawny> "Grr"
01[23:49] <~Lurker> Victoria can tell that this is because the machine is also partially organic.
[23:49] <Dawny> 6df+5 How do you open?
[23:49] <Glacon> Dawny: How do you open?: 6 (6df+5=3+, 0, 0, 0, 3+, 4-)
01[23:49] <~Lurker> Infact, the majority of the room seems to be coming from the ground.
01[23:49] <~Lurker> the machines are all linked to the dirt that seems to make up the ground.
01[23:53] <~Lurker> Jillian: There /is/ no open. The machine is coming out of the ground, you'd need to hack it apart.
[23:53] <%Sequence> Norra peers over Janus's shoulder.
06[23:54] * Janus__ swirls the jar around.
01[23:54] <~Lurker> The substance bubbles more.
[23:54] <Feierbird> 6df+5 detecting warmth, or lack thereof
[23:54] <Glacon> Feierbird: detecting warmth, or lack thereof: 5 (6df+5=3+, 4-, 4-, 0, 0, 3+)
[23:54] <Feierbird> 4df+5 I AM DERP SORRY
[23:54] <Glacon> Feierbird: I AM DERP SORRY: 8 (4df+5=3+, 3+, 0, 3+)
03[23:54] * Paris (~ten.nozirev.soif.xtslld.5E145FFB-CRInys|eissaC#ten.nozirev.soif.xtslld.5E145FFB-CRInys|eissaC) has joined #razorwing-rp
06[23:55] * Janus__ holds it out while Roger analyzes.
01[23:55] <~Lurker> Roger is able to tell that the majority of machines give off a lot of warmth, some of the glowing things give off warmth
01[23:55] <~Lurker> but that jar thing?
01[23:55] <~Lurker> ice cold.
06[23:56] * Janus__ can't feel the temperature! He looks at Roger. "You know what this shit is?"
[23:56] <Feierbird> "Strrrrange ranger. The mach-chchines give off heeeat, and the glowowowing things, but this jar jar bar is colddd. No ideaaaa what it is."
[23:57] <Dawny> Jillian moves to the next machine. "What do you do lovely?"
[23:57] <Dawny> 4df+5 Hmm
[23:57] <Glacon> Dawny: Hmm: 4 (4df+5=4-, 0, 0, 0)
01[23:58] <~Lurker> That machine is a microscope!
06[23:58] * Janus__ frowns, looking around, then offers the jar to Roger. "Here, hold this. I'll go keep an eye on the door."
[23:58] <Feierbird> Roger holds the jar.
06[23:59] * Janus__ starts for the door. "Hey. All of you be careful. Don't, fucking, blow up the room or anything…."
03[23:59] * Feierbird is now known as Feiermoose
Session Time: Sat Apr 21 00:00:00 2012
[00:00] <@Kondraki> "I'm keeping my hands to myself…this place is honestly very distracting." The musk was really bugging him now.
06[00:01] * Janus__ takes a position at one of the doors, watching for any new threats, and letting the doctors work, trying to listen in.
01[00:01] <~Lurker> Shar and Victoria could probably use their organic knowledge to determine either the source of the musk, or the machines' workings.
[00:01] <%Sequence> Norra steps out of Janus's way, still peering at the jar.
01[00:02] <~Lurker> The jar bubbles at Norra again.
[00:02] <%Sequence> She tilts her head to the side.
[00:02] <Dawny> Any more machines?
[00:03] <@Gwen> Lurk do you want Bio or Med?
01[00:04] <~Lurker> Either or would work
[00:04] <@Kondraki> Shar begins to try and use said knowledge to discover the source of the offensive musk.
[00:04] <@Kondraki> 4df+4 Medical
[00:04] <Glacon> Kondraki: Medical: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, 4-, 4-)
[00:04] <@Gwen> 4df+5
[00:04] <Glacon> Gwen: 6 (4df+5=4-, 3+, 3+, 0)
01[00:04] <~Lurker> Dawny: A few more, all of them standard lab equipment
[00:04] <@Kondraki> 4df+4 Medical Ap Reroll
[00:04] <Glacon> Kondraki: Medical Ap Reroll: 2 (4df+4=0, 0, 4-, 4-)
03[00:05] * Feiermoose is now known as Feierbird
03[00:05] * Pig_catapult (~ten.tsacmoc.ac.1dsh.4F8C7D28-CRInys|alliztahc#ten.tsacmoc.ac.1dsh.4F8C7D28-CRInys|alliztahc) has joined #razorwing-rp
01[00:05] <~Lurker> Shar is getting owned by Glacon
01[00:05] <~Lurker> I'll allow for a free reroll
[00:05] <@Kondraki> 4df+4 Medical Ap Reroll
[00:05] <Glacon> Kondraki: Medical Ap Reroll: 3 (4df+4=0, 3+, 4-, 4-)
01[00:05] <~Lurker> Shar is able to trace it to a large box that seems to be slightly damaged and leaking something onto the dirt.
01[00:07] <~Lurker> Victoria is able to determine that the machines themselves use some sort of mixture of the dirt and various natural occurances to power themselves.
[00:07] <@Gwen> What do you mean various natural occurances?
[00:07] <Dawny> Jillian sighs, looking around again. "This place is no fun."
[00:07] <@Kondraki> Examining the large box, Shar activated his internal imaging application to take a look inside. If it was organic, it would have some kind of structure inside.
[00:08] <Feierbird> "I think we could have some f-" Voice goes off.
[00:08] <Dawny> Jillian decides to snoop through cabinets.
01[00:09] <~Lurker> The dirt seems to have some odd properties to it - not your standard soil. By examining closer, Victoria is able to tell that the soil seems to be retaining a type of energy that the machines use.
[00:09] <Feierbird> Roger tilts the jar, trying to get an idea of the viscosity of the liquid.
01[00:09] <~Lurker> Also: The display HUDs for the machines are all similar to the cylinder "black bar".
[00:11] <@Gwen> Victoria looks around for Roger. "Roger…you're a techie, right?"
[00:11] <Dawny> Jillian shrinks a bit, but continues to look through cabinets.
[00:12] <Feierbird> He looks to Victoria and nods.
06[00:12] * Janus__ pokes his head in. "What's the hold up?"
01[00:12] <~Lurker> Jillian finds various jars and seemingly dead creatures in the cabinets that emit faint lights.
01[00:13] <~Lurker> Oh crap, didn't see Shar's response: There was indeed something inside. It seemed to be a containment bin, with - oh… ew… it's a waste disposal unit.
01[00:13] <~Lurker> That would definitely explain the musk - especially if it's leaking.
[00:13] <@Gwen> "Have you every seen computer-type things powered by dirt. I understand what's going on here biologically…just not…in any other way."
[00:14] <@Kondraki> Shar continues to scan the inside of the box, as he has not recieved any results yet.
[00:14] <Feierbird> He shakes his head. He flips a switch to activate his voice: "I'mmm just normally Norman aaaamoral used to ell-lectrrronic computers."
[00:15] <Janus> "Have you tried the jar of bubbly shit? Maybe the bubbles are because it's, like, volatile. Some kind of fuel shit."
[00:15] <Feierbird> Waht does tilting the jar do?
[00:16] <Dawny> Can Jillian use medical to try and identify?
[00:16] <@Kondraki> Shar's eyes narrowed. Gross. He stepped back from it. "No wonder it smells, no one's taken out the garbage."
01[00:17] <~Lurker> To identify what, Dawny?
[00:17] <Dawny> the stuff in the jars
01[00:18] <~Lurker> Can give it a shot.
[00:18] <@Gwen> Victoria looks around again. "This whole think is a computer…" Victoria puts the cylinder on to an open patch of dirt.
01[00:19] <~Lurker> The Cylinder doesn't seem to react specially to being set down.
[00:20] <Dawny> 4df+3 hello there.
[00:20] <Glacon> Dawny: hello there.: 2 (4df+3=0, 4-, 4-, 3+)
[00:21] <@Gwen> Victoria crosses her arms, glaring down at a cylinder. "Well damn, that was a good idea too…"
06[00:21] * Janus
glances back down the hallway.
01[00:22] <~Lurker> Jillian can tell that a few appear to be mixtures of sorts - and a few appear to be labelled, but short of experimenting with them, she wouldn't be able to tell much.
01[00:22] <~Lurker> Janus: There are no threats in the hallway still.
[00:23] <Dawny> "Victoria, Shar…come look at this…"
[00:23] <Feierbird> Roger looks over to see what Jillian's looking at.
[00:23] <@Gwen> Victoria wanders over. "What's up?"
01[00:24] <~Lurker> There are quite a few jars of various coloured liquids. Some of them are lightly glowing, others are almost like ink, and then there are a few very transparent ones.
[00:24] <@Gwen> Victoria pulls out her medical scanner and begins scanning all the things.
[00:25] <@Gwen> 4df+5 Scannin'
[00:25] <Glacon> Gwen: Scannin': 5 (4df+5=3+, 4-, 0, 0)
01[00:25] <~Lurker> Victoria finds one that apparently has a composition that would result in a mild healing salve.
[00:25] <@Kondraki> "So, what exactly did someone need with all this biotech?"
01[00:25] <~Lurker> Whether or not it's usable for humans is anyone's guess.
[00:26] <@Kondraki> Shar does another examiniation to see if there were any other living machines of note.
[00:26] <@Kondraki> 4df+4
[00:26] <Glacon> Kondraki: 2 (4df+4=0, 4-, 0, 4-)
[00:26] <@Gwen> "I think these are…medical balms and other…creations."
[00:26] <Dawny> "Isn't this nifty?"
[00:26] <Feierbird> "Maaaybe they used used it in placcce of oth-her tech."
03[00:27] * Feierbird is now known as Firebird
01[00:27] <~Lurker> Shar discovers something that was previously overlooked, and with good reason - it doesn't look like anything at all, but on closer inspection, is the equivalent to a terminal!
[00:27] <@Gwen> "Well…if the dirt can transfer power…maybe some of these do…can you imagine…spreadable power bars."
01[00:27] <~Lurker> A bit of tinkering brings up another HUD with the crazy symbols and a keypad.
06[00:27] * Janus__ looks back in. "We making progress?"
[00:28] <@Kondraki> "Victoria, over here. I believe I found the controls."
[00:29] <@Gwen> She wanders over. "I'm not going to be much good at it. Jillian, Roger, come on over."
[00:29] <Firebird> Roger heads on over to Victoa.ri
[00:29] <Firebird> *Victoria.
[00:29] <Dawny> Jillian heads over.
[00:30] <@Kondraki> "Jillian, take a look at this terminal, see if you can make any sense of it."
[00:31] <%Sequence> Norra just follows Janus.
[00:31] <Firebird> "I'll heeelp."
[00:31] <Dawny> Jillian takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. Electronics to inspect?
01[00:32] <~Lurker> Yep.
06[00:32] * Janus__ leans against the wall outside, inspecting his rifle, then checking the damage to his armor.
[00:32] <Dawny> "Come on Roger, let's do this"
[00:32] <Firebird> 4df+4 OKAY GUYS I THINK I'M ROLLING RIGHT THIS TIME
[00:32] <Glacon> Firebird: OKAY GUYS I THINK I'M ROLLING RIGHT THIS TIME: 3 (4df+4=4-, 3+, 0, 4-)
[00:32] <Dawny> 4df+4 what is this
[00:32] <Glacon> Dawny: what is this: 4 (4df+4=4-, 3+, 4-, 3+)
[00:32] <%Sequence> Norra watches everyone do science.
01[00:34] <~Lurker> Roger manages to bring up another 'panel' that shows a variety of cameras. There's the front entrance where Spindel and his team is visible, the offices, the medical wing and the labs, a long hallway that looks like a cell-block, and then finally, a 'control room'.
01[00:35] <~Lurker> Jillian manages to call the elevator!
03[00:35] * Firebird is now known as Feierbird
[00:36] <@Kondraki> Shar claps. "Good job, both of you."
[00:37] <%Sequence> Norra nods.
[00:37] <Dawny> "Now if I just knew how I did that"
01[00:37] <~Lurker> Jillian pressed symbols. One might've vaguely resembled an up arrow?
[00:37] <Dawny> "Hmm…."
01[00:37] <~Lurker> Or maybe it was just a scalene triangle.
01[00:37] <~Lurker> Or maybe it was in the shape of a circle.
[00:37] <Dawny> 4df+4 "What happens if I do this…?"
[00:37] <Glacon> Dawny: "What happens if I do this…?": 2 (4df+4=0, 4-, 4-, 0)
01[00:38] <~Lurker> A prompt shows up in the main HUD with two options.
01[00:38] <~Lurker> one option is lit up blue, the other red.
[00:38] <Feierbird> Roger sets his eyes to record this as video, then presses a few more symbols, trying to see if there are more cameras he can get a look at.
[00:38] <Feierbird> 4df+4
[00:38] <Glacon> Feierbird: 2 (4df+4=4-, 4-, 3+, 4-)
[00:38] <Dawny> "Blue or red Rog?"
[00:38] <Feierbird> 4df+4 tagging AP to reroll
[00:38] <Glacon> Feierbird: tagging AP to reroll: 2 (4df+4=4-, 0, 0, 4-)
01[00:39] <~Lurker> Rog accidentally hits the blue symbol.
[00:39] <Dawny> can I roll a percep maneuver to try and figure out what the options are?
01[00:39] <~Lurker> The entire HUD and keypad and camera borders flash red, and there's another prompt with two more options, one blue, one red.
[00:39] <Dawny> nevermind
[00:39] <%Sequence> Norra glances at Janus, and then away.
[00:39] <Feierbird> "SorrrYY."
[00:40] <Dawny> "Hold on…let me look" Jillian bites her lip and tries to figure this out.
06[00:40] * Janus__ brushes at the charring, not looking up. "Something up?"
[00:40] <Dawny> now, may I make that maneuver?
01[00:40] <~Lurker> Yep.
[00:41] <@Kondraki> Shar sits by, watching the two as they try to figure out the terminal.
[00:41] <%Sequence> She shakes her head.
[00:41] <Dawny> 4df+3 Come on, be my bro for once
[00:41] <Glacon> Dawny: Come on, be my bro for once: 2 (4df+3=3+, 0, 4-, 4-)
01[00:41] <~Lurker> Nope.avi
[00:41] <Dawny> AP re-roll?
01[00:41] <~Lurker> sure
[00:41] <Dawny> 4df+3 please Glacon, ilu
[00:41] <Glacon> Dawny: please Glacon, ilu: 5 (4df+3=3+, 3+, 0, 0)
01[00:42] <~Lurker> PING PING PING
01[00:43] <~Lurker> Jillian is able to determine that the blue bordered option is "Proceed" or "Yes", and the Red one is "Cancel" or "No". For a bonus: She's fairly sure the 'question' being asked is "Are you /sure/ you want to do this?"
01[00:43] <~Lurker> Redact
[00:45] <Dawny> 4df+5 "Do I want to do what…?"
[00:45] <Glacon> Dawny: "Do I want to do what…?": 6 (4df+5=3+, 0, 0, 0)
01[00:45] <~Lurker> Jillian is able to determine that the blue bordered option is "Proceed" or "Yes", and the Red one is "Cancel" or "No". For a bonus: She's fairly sure the 'question' being asked is "Are you /sure/ you want to do this?"
01[00:45] <~Lurker> AND THEN:
01[00:46] <~Lurker> With a little bit of extra effort, she can determine that the first question has something relating to the 5th camera - the 'cell block' type one. Possibly about releas- yes, that definitely looks like it should mean something about releasing locks.
[00:48] <Dawny> "It's asking if I want to release locks…? Maybe something's locked up? Or the locks to the facility…?" Jillian rubs her forehead…she's not made to decode this shit.
02[00:48] * @Gwen (~moc.yvvasket.elbac.8CE957CA-CRInys|etniWdroL#moc.yvvasket.elbac.8CE957CA-CRInys|etniWdroL) Quit (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
[00:48] <Feierbird> "Probabbbbly not the best idea dear idea." He turns his voice off for now.
[00:49] <@Kondraki> "Yes, I imagine if it's stayed locked this long, it was meant to stay that way for good."
[00:49] <%Sequence> "So what are we going to do about it?"
[00:50] <Dawny> "But what if it's some kind of awesome technology in a locked back room? We could have so many answers…"
[00:51] <Feierbird> Voice on: "We should see to shhhhining see what it issss before unl-" His voice cuts off unexpectedly.
06[00:52] * Janus__ sticks his head back in, rifle in hand. "Can we go yet?"
[00:52] <Dawny> "Alright…so don't unlock it?" Jillian's hand hovers for a moment.
[00:52] <Feierbird> Roger nods.
[00:52] <@Kondraki> Shar looked over to Janus. "Depends. How well do you think you can handle potential alien horrors?"
[00:53] <%Sequence> Norra raises an eyebrow.
[00:53] <@Kondraki> "Ancient alien horrors, that is. Potentially."
06[00:53] * Janus__ looks around. "What?"
[00:53] <Dawny> "Do you not pay attention to anything I say" Jillian sighs and presses the red button.
06[00:54] * Janus__ wasn't in the room.
06[00:54] * Janus__ looks around. "What's going on?"
01[00:54] <~Lurker> The prompts disappear.
01[00:54] <~Lurker> Aaaaand scene for now.
[00:54] <@Kondraki> "We found some kind of control terminal, Jillian discovered it can unlock something."
[00:54] <Dawny> "It was asking if I wanted to unlock something, I said no"

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License